Tuesday 8 May 2012

#SoundsOfUtopia: A Yellow Man - 3000 Miles Of Youth


 We can thank Twitter for me getting in tune with this smooth trio, A Yellow Man. A young Nana Kwesi tweeted me their link saying '[YouTube link] This is so @RalphHardy' and I clicked initially thinking I was on some random's channel. I was surprised.

As I'm not ignorant, I listened and my gosh. I loved it amongst first play. BLAH Captivating moods from the elctro-soul/ Hip Hop group and what is even more gob smacking than the excellently executed video idea (5 nangs to Paul Akinrinlola) is that they are a gospel collective, or just more so religious and conscious.

Went to the other video My Lyrics Are Alive dropped the same day and yep... Still pleased to listen. It's been a minute since UK rappers appreciated every word in every line to the point they didn't waste one. Chioma's singing is cold too - I need to learn the hook and all of it really.


I feel so wrong for even to think to swear but fehk the video is so cold.
A Yellow Man - word to Sam's beard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareNang

Share

Widgets